Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm in love

Ugh! Ok, people, I have to tell you something. I'm in love. I am stupidly, deeply, and passionately in love. With whom, you ask? Well, it's complicated. I am equally in love with several people and I don't know what to do. The names are as follows: Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, and Christian LeBoutin.

They all understand, of course. They are willing to split me amongst themselves. There is one person is not willing to share me, though. My wallet. It says, "No, Bianca. Love only me. Don't break my heart by swiping that debit card that lies within me. I love you and you need to eat. Your children need to eat." It makes total sense, obviously, in my head. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

This all began when I was reading Mini Shopaholic and she was buying things on eBay. And I thought, "Hey. Why did I never think to look for those on there?" Where I live, there aren't any places to buy such wonderous, beautiful treasures. I thought they were out of my reach. But I was forgetting about a most glorious invention called the INTERNET. I know, it's ridiculous of me to forget that in this day and age but I did so let's get over it. So I got on eBay and what did I see? Hundreds of beautiful shoes, some in my size, that I cannot afford. Tragedy had struck.

I have had this love affair with shoes since college when I got married to a man that doesn't ever really say no. I'm THAT girl that has a million shoes. As a matter of fact, my foot got slightly larger after having children and some of my favorites dont fit me anymore but I can't bear to give them away. Included in this tragic story are my Burberry sandals that I bought on Via Condotti in Rome. Those will stay with me forever.

So, this is where I am now, admiring my lovers from afar. Maybe one day I will find out that I have a rich uncle somewhere that died and left me millions so my lovers and I can unite. Or maybe I am in fact distantly related to one of these designers and we will one day find each other, bond over our love of shoes and live happily ever after. Until then I will content myself to look at their images on the computer whenever I feel the need.

Although, come to think of it, they do cheat on me a lot with other feet. Some with feet that are way uglier than mine and some with famous feet (stupid golddiggers). Ah, who am I kidding? I love them anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Someday we shall be independently wealthy, and totally able to afford all the shoes our hearts desire! Or maybe YOU can become independently wealthy, and I'll just take your hand-me-downs. You'll be like MY rich uncle. I like it. Let's make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do that! Now to find a way to become independently wealthy...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete